Minor Cast auditions for the 2018 SMB production of Cinderella will be held on Saturday, January 20, 2018 at Shreveport Dance Academy.
You must register online for an audition. REGISTER ONLINE HERE!
Audition times, cast eligibility requirements and other requirements for participation are listed below.
|Audition Time||Age Requirement||Experience Requirement|
|1:00 pm*||9 & 10 year olds||3 full years of ballet experience|
|1:30 pm*||7 & 8 year olds||2 full years of ballet experience|
|2:00 pm*||5 & 16 year olds||1 full year of ballet experience|
*Please arrive 15-20 minutes before the designated audition time. Each audition begins promptly at the time stated above*
Auditions are open to anyone who is at least five years old by February 1, 2018 and who is currently enrolled in ballet classes at a local school.
You MUST register online to audition for a minor cast role!
A family member or representative of each dancer must attend the audition, and attend a mandatory parent meeting during the audition time.
Chosen dancers will be notified by Jan. 22, 2018 via the primary email address provided during online registration. Please double check to make sure you submit the correct email address.
Other participation requirements include:
- All families of dancers are required to become members of Shreveport Metropolitan Ballet. Your membership contribution is due no later than Feb. 2, 2018 and is non-refundable.
- A costume fee of $35 must be paid no later than Feb. 2, 2018.
- All families must participate in the spring fundraiser. Details will be provided.
- Each dancer’s family must commit to at least 6 hours of volunteer work.
- No absences are allowed during the last full-cast rehearsal before the performance (April 2nd). Written notification is required to miss any other rehearsal. Information about our online absence request system will be provided.
- Mandatory dress rehearsals for will be held at Riverview Theater on April 6th and April 7th. Times will be posted at a later date.
Please call the SMB office at 318-221-8500 for more information.