Minor Cast auditions for the 2017 SMB production of The Nutcracker will be held on Saturday, September 16th, 2017 at Shreveport Dance Academy. Audition times, cast eligibility requirements and other requirements for participation in The Nutcracker are listed below. You must register online for an audition. REGISTER ONLINE HERE!
|Audition Time||Age Requirement||Experience Requirement|
|9:00*-9:30am||5 & 6 year olds||1 full year of ballet experience|
|9:45*-10:15am||7 & 8 year olds||2 full years of ballet experience|
|10:30*-11:00am||9 & 10 year olds||3 full years of ballet experience|
*Please arrive 15-20 minutes before the designated audition time. Each audition begins promptly at the time stated above*
Auditions are open to anyone who is at least five years old by September 30th, 2017 and who is currently enrolled in ballet classes at a local school. A parent must accompany each child to the audition.
You must register online to audition for a minor cast role!
A family member or representative of each dancer must attend the audition, and attend a mandatory parent meeting during the audition time.
Roles will be announced immediately following the auditions.
Other participation requirements include:
- All families of dancers are required to become members of Shreveport Metropolitan Ballet. Your membership contribution is due at the time of the audition and is non-refundable. Please pay by cash or check payable to SMB.
- A costume fee of $35 must be paid at the time of the audition. Please pay by cash or check payable to SMB.
- All families will participate in the spring fundraiser. Details will be provided.
- Each dancer’s family must commit to at least 6 hours of volunteer work.
- No absences are allowed during the last full-cast rehearsal before the performance (Dec. 4th). Written notification is required to miss any other rehearsal. Information about our online absence request system will be provided.
- Mandatory dress rehearsals for The Nutcracker will be held at Riverview Theater during the week of Dec. 4th. Dates and times will be posted at a later date. All cast members are expected to participate in free school performances on Friday, December 8th.
Please call the SMB office at 318-221-8500 for more information.